.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Somewhat Litvshe Yid

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Playing a Meme Game

Ok...so I've been meme'd.I have to sit here, on my lunch break, and come up with some silly lists, because if I don't Jameel is going to hock my chinik until I do. So...here goes.

7 Things I can do.
1. Fix a computer
2. Get a friend to exclaim I'm a better cook then his mother
3. Tie my own shoes
4. Get all of my kids laughing uncontrollably
5. Make my wife smile
6. Recognize any movie I've ever seen from a 2-5 second clip
7. Remember absolutely worthless things people tell me, even 10 years later, especially when they don't remember telling me

7 Things I can't do
1. Remember a page of Gemara word for word
2. Write code
3. Get my 2 year old to stay in bed
4. Stomach sweet breads (which is a problem, being that would be my wife's favorite dish)
5. Keep a pair of shoes in working order for more then a year (my eldest son has inherited this...)
6. Figure out why I am writing this
7. Wake up after 6 am.

7 Things I constantly say
1. Again
2. Indeed
3. Yo, dude.
4. There's no such thing as too early in the morning. There is no such thing as too much garlic. And, there's no such thing as too spicey
5. Ok, I'll get right on it
6. Mmm, you think so
7. Ah, the Enjoy A Milkbone In A Commie Free World Phase

7 Things I'd like to do in my lifetime
1. Learn a masechta by heart, GP"T
2. Build a shul
3. Write a book about the history of Chochmei Yerushalyim from the last 100 years
4. Make my wife happy
5. See my sons teaching Torah in a public forum
6. See my daughters married to men who are true Yirei Shamayim
7. Be a good Jew

Being as I don't know anyone else, who hasn't already been hit with this meme...Well...unless YH wants to put something in the comments.

2 Comments:

  • It drives my wife crazy that I can do the movie recognition thing...makes her think I spend all day watching TV.

    Baruch Hashem for the MEME - otherwise blogger would have suspended your blogging rights due to blog inactivity.

    Later!

    By Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata, at Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:22:00 PM  

  • I don't know if my wife knows I can do that. I've always said, my sure ticket into gan eden is the fact that I'm married to a true tzaddeikis. The extent of her TV/Movie viewing is the occasional national geographic nature documentary when she's polishing the silver and is too tired to listen to a shiur.

    By Blogger Litvshe, at Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home